The Auberge de Provence is a window through which the history of the World Heritage listed city of Valletta can be viewed. It documents the modern architectural heritage of Malta through the influence and power of the Knights of St. John.
The building was designed in 1574 by the great architect Girolamo Cassar. The place was the mansion of the French Knights of Provence, who at that time accounted for two-thirds of all Knights.
During British Rule this building was known as the Union Club and was then the hub of Malta’s Social Life. Today the Auberge de Provence houses the National Museum of Archaeology.
Capacity by layout
Total surface: 40sqm
Door LxH: 2.1m x 1.8m