The Auberge de Castille is located within the city of Valletta and houses the office of the Prime Minister of Malta. Back in History Auberge de Castille was the official seat of the Knights of the Langue of Castille, León and Portugal – one of the most powerful of the Order, its Head being the Grand Chancellor.
The original Auberge was built by the renowned Maltese architect Girolamo Cassar in 1574. It was extensively re-modelled and virtually rebuilt in 1741, the present plan of the imposing structure attributed to Andrea Belli. The building was damaged during the siege of the French forces (1799–1800) as well as during the Second World War (1939–1945).
Capacity by layout
Total surface: 90sqm
Door LxH: 2.1m x 1.8m