The Grand Hotel Excelsior is proud to relaunch the Tiki Restaurant, which offers exquisite cuisine and breath-taking sea views. We caught up with Roderick Vella our Executive Head Chef to discuss this year’s culinary offerings:
1. What is the concept of this year’s Tiki Restaurant Menu?
The main specialty is fresh fish, and we are also trying to introduce the meat by weight and special meat cuts with grilling as a main cooking method.
2. How does it differ from last year’s menu?
After the success and very positive response we had last year, we are focusing on continuing to enhance our menu. We want to improve, rather than change, our items.
3. Can you name your favorite dish from the current menu?
Pork is my favourite type of meat, so I am very passionate about including it on my menus. The dish I am most proud of is the Pork & Scallops starter. Combining pork and seafood results in great and unexpected flavours.
4. Do you use any particular techniques?
A Special culinary technique we use at the Tiki is called ‘sous vide’. It is a process in which the food is cooked under pressure for an extended period of time. The ingredients are vacuum sealed and are immersed in a water bath and cooked at a very precise, consistent temperature. This helps to retain the nutrients and colour. It also helps us with planning, preparation and speed whilst serving delicious and fresh food.
This Summer enjoy outdoor dining by the water’s edge. If you would like to book a table at the Tiki Restaurant kindly contact our Food & Beverage Team on email@example.com or on 21250520. The Tiki Restaurant is open for Lunch from 12:00hrs till 17:00hrs and Dinner from 19:00hrs till 23:00hrs.
On Friday 23rd June 2017 join us for our exclusive Wine & Dine Event at the Tiki Restaurant, Grand Hotel Excelsior, to usher in the summer season in style.
This will be a true dining experience for foodies and wine lovers right at the water’s edge with unobstructed views of the Marsamxett Harbour. Indulge your taste buds with the rich flavours of Mediterranean cuisine paired with refreshing local wines by Marsovin.
1. Send a surprise gift to your sweetheart’s place of work or home. Alternatively, deliver the gift personally if possible.
2. When selecting a gift for the special person in your life, ensure that it can be used all year round. Avoid items which say ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’. Go for something practical.
3. Choose something which has a personal touch to it such as engraved item.
4. Ladies, consider his hobbies and interests when choosing his gift. If he is a fan of video games, the latest version of his favourite one might score you high points! Plus it’s safer than coming up with original gifts which he might not like.
5. Try to make a card yourself. There are many beautiful cards you can buy at the store, but putting an extra effort to do something different and original will add little bit of romance.
6. Prepare a home-cooked meal yourself, whether its breakfast in bed or lovely candle-lit dinner.
7. Be romantic – make an effort to dress up and be sure to compliment your loved one. Even if you aren’t the most romantic type try your best on this special day.
8. Ignore you electronic devices, including your mobile, as much as possible.
9. Gentlemen, write a love letter to your partner, summarising your feelings, the reasons why you fell in love with her and what makes her so significant for you. It is likely that she will keep that letter as a reminder of the unique connection you have for the rest of her life. If the letter is hand-written, you will enhance the sense of romance.
10. Make an extra effort to please your partner, such as accepting to watch a movie that suits his/her tastes more than yours.
11. Offer your partner a massage. Rather than organising a day at the spa, take the matter in your own hands and do some research basic massage techniques. All you need is your hands, massage oil, relaxing music and scented candles.
12. Prepare a surprise for your Valentine when s/he gets home. Put little notes around your home with romantic messages or prepare a follow the lead game which will eventually lead to a surprise gift.
13. Relax, take it easy and make sure not to over do it. All it takes to make this day special is a bit of thought and fantasy. Making an effort should not be too difficult, since it is for that one person you share your life with.
So spend some quality time with your better half this Valentine’s Day. Book a couple’s spa package, a romantic dinner, a relaxing evening with some live jazz music or spend a few days at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta. For more details kindly contact the Team at this luxury 5 star hotel in Malta on firstname.lastname@example.org or on +356 21250520.