It is often the tourists who are asked what makes Malta unique for them. Have you ever wondered what would locals consider special about their own country?
The size and connection: In Malta wherever one goes and whoever they meet, they will always find out that they are somehow connected either through family, friends, workmates etc. Malta is also unique due to it’s short distances, great weather, beautiful sea and the fact that no one is more than 30 minutes away. Wherever on the island, you are always only a maximum of 20 minutes away from the beautiful sea and coast. Due to the island’s size, travelling abroad is very easy – the Malta International Airport is easily accessible from all around the island, so travelling for even a short break is a worthwhile.
Malta boasts a diverse multi-faceted history, combined with a geographical location, excellent weather and relatively a safe destination. The megalithic structures are claimed of being the oldest free standing edifices in the world, predating Stonehenge.
Other unique Maltese characteristics include:
- Malta is also renowned for its old character houses with the colourful Maltese balconies and local traditional food.
- Malta’s historic bastions which give beautiful scenes to Malta’s landscapes.
- A church on every street corner with people actually still going to church in great numbers.
- No matter how much Maltese complain about the way they do things, they are truly good at heart.
- Maltese also consider themselves to be hardworking, generous and compassionate.
- As in other countries in the South of Europe, the Maltese are also known for living with their parents well into their twenties and thirties.
If you would like to know more about Malta’s history and culture and would like to visit some interesting places during your holidays in Malta feel free to check out our self-guided Malta tours. Kindly also contact our chauffeur driven service and they will be able to assist you.
Photo courtesy of Viewing Malta