A well sought-after annual Chinese tradition is the Spring Festival which is the Chinese community’s New Year. This tradition is also celebrated in Malta, where Chinese communities welcome the New Year with their own celebrations. The Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta will be celebrating the Chinese New Year on Sunday 7th February 2016.
2016 – The Year of the Monkey
The New Chinese Year will begin on Monday 8th February 2016.
People born in a year of the Monkey are witty, intelligent and have a magnetic personality. Personality traits, like mischievousness, curiosity and cleverness make them very naughty. Monkeys are fast learners and crafty opportunists.
Click on Image to enlarge
If you would like to experience the Chinese New Year and be part of the celebrations, join us at the Grand Hotel Excelsior for Our Chinese New Year’s Eve Celebration Dinner on Sunday 7th February 2016. Contact Our Food & Beverage Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 21250520 to place your booking.
You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it yourself. - Glinda – Wizard of Oz
A mother’s love is unconditional. No grand gesture will begin to match this, however she deserves to be pampered that little bit more on her special day! Treat her to a lavish buffet lunch in true Excelsior style on the 11th May 2014.
1. Send a surprise gift to your sweetheart’s place of work or home. Alternatively, deliver the gift personally if possible.
2. When selecting a gift for the special person in your life, ensure that it can be used all year round. Avoid items which say ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’. Go for something practical.
3. Choose something which has a personal touch to it such as engraved item.
4. Ladies, consider his hobbies and interests when choosing his gift. If he is a fan of video games, the latest version of his favourite one might score you high points! Plus it’s safer than coming up with original gifts which he might not like.
5. Try to make a card yourself. There are many beautiful cards you can buy at the store, but putting an extra effort to do something different and original will add little bit of romance.
6. Prepare a home-cooked meal yourself, whether its breakfast in bed or lovely candle-lit dinner.
7. Be romantic – make an effort to dress up and be sure to compliment your loved one. Even if you aren’t the most romantic type try your best on this special day.
8. Ignore you electronic devices, including your mobile, as much as possible.
9. Gentlemen, write a love letter to your partner, summarising your feelings, the reasons why you fell in love with her and what makes her so significant for you. It is likely that she will keep that letter as a reminder of the unique connection you have for the rest of her life. If the letter is hand-written, you will enhance the sense of romance.
10. Make an extra effort to please your partner, such as accepting to watch a movie that suits his/her tastes more than yours.
11. Offer your partner a massage. Rather than organising a day at the spa, take the matter in your own hands and do some research basic massage techniques. All you need is your hands, massage oil, relaxing music and scented candles.
12. Prepare a surprise for your Valentine when s/he gets home. Put little notes around your home with romantic messages or prepare a follow the lead game which will eventually lead to a surprise gift.
13. Relax, take it easy and make sure not to over do it. All it takes to make this day special is a bit of thought and fantasy. Making an effort should not be too difficult, since it is for that one person you share your life with.
So spend some quality time with your better half this Valentine’s Day. Book a couple’s spa package, a romantic dinner, a relaxing evening with some live jazz music or spend a few days at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta. For more details kindly contact the Team at this luxury 5 star hotel in Malta on email@example.com or on +356 21250520.