Join the thousands of onlookers that line the roads from the front of the church all the way along the passage of the pageant. The band players lead the way, progressing inch by inch, setting the mood of gloom with their music. Boys and men, dressed in the attire of shepherds, peasants, and Roman soldiers follow holding various reminders of the life and death of Jesus. Banners in Latin give messages to the devout Christian. And, one by one several large adorned statues pass by the stationary crowd.
The Grand Hotel Excelsior will be organizing transport to The Good Friday Procession and Resurrection Procession in Cospicua as follows:
Good Friday Procession in Qormi : 18th April 2014
Departure from The Grand Hotel Excelsior to Qormi : 16.30hrs
Return transfer from Qormi to The Grand Hotel Excelsior : 20.00hrs
Resurrection Procession in Cospicua : 20th April 2014
Departure from The Grand Hotel Excelsior to Cospicua: 09.00hrs
Return transfer from Cospicua to The Grand Hotel Excelsior: 12.00hrs
Should you wish to be part of the Easter Celebrations in Malta contact the Concierge Desk at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta and they will organise the transfers for you.
And if you would like to enjoy that little treat at home, homemade traditions are being given a five star touch this Easter. Our award winning team of pastry chefs is busy preparing figolli and Easter eggs for you to take home or to give to your loved ones. These delectable goodies are available to purchase from our Harbour View Lounge Bar, which is open 24 hours a day.
1. Send a surprise gift to your sweetheart’s place of work or home. Alternatively, deliver the gift personally if possible.
2. When selecting a gift for the special person in your life, ensure that it can be used all year round. Avoid items which say ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’. Go for something practical.
3. Choose something which has a personal touch to it such as engraved item.
4. Ladies, consider his hobbies and interests when choosing his gift. If he is a fan of video games, the latest version of his favourite one might score you high points! Plus it’s safer than coming up with original gifts which he might not like.
5. Try to make a card yourself. There are many beautiful cards you can buy at the store, but putting an extra effort to do something different and original will add little bit of romance.
6. Prepare a home-cooked meal yourself, whether its breakfast in bed or lovely candle-lit dinner.
7. Be romantic – make an effort to dress up and be sure to compliment your loved one. Even if you aren’t the most romantic type try your best on this special day.
8. Ignore you electronic devices, including your mobile, as much as possible.
9. Gentlemen, write a love letter to your partner, summarising your feelings, the reasons why you fell in love with her and what makes her so significant for you. It is likely that she will keep that letter as a reminder of the unique connection you have for the rest of her life. If the letter is hand-written, you will enhance the sense of romance.
10. Make an extra effort to please your partner, such as accepting to watch a movie that suits his/her tastes more than yours.
11. Offer your partner a massage. Rather than organising a day at the spa, take the matter in your own hands and do some research basic massage techniques. All you need is your hands, massage oil, relaxing music and scented candles.
12. Prepare a surprise for your Valentine when s/he gets home. Put little notes around your home with romantic messages or prepare a follow the lead game which will eventually lead to a surprise gift.
13. Relax, take it easy and make sure not to over do it. All it takes to make this day special is a bit of thought and fantasy. Making an effort should not be too difficult, since it is for that one person you share your life with.
So spend some quality time with your better half this Valentine’s Day. Book a couple’s spa package, a romantic dinner, a relaxing evening with some live jazz music or spend a few days at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta. For more details kindly contact the Team at this luxury 5 star hotel in Malta on firstname.lastname@example.org or on +356 21250520.