Now is the perfect time to enjoy a spa break in preparation for the winter months ahead. For the month of September our Le Grand Spa Team have prepared a selection of treatments based on ylang ylang.
On your next holiday to Malta try some typical Maltese dishes and delicious sweets…
Here are some traditional Maltese dishes that are worth a try:
- Enjoy Gozo cheeselets
- Try a traditional Maltese dish Fenkata in Mgarr
- Taste the famous Maltese ‘pastizzi’, filled with ricotta or peas
- Another must is to taste freshly made Maltese bread
- Enjoy a bottle of Maltese wine
- Taste bebbux (snails)
- Try Maltese sausage, available from village butchers
- Try one of the Maltese traditional liquors called Bajtra (prickly pear)
- During summer months enjoy delicious local fish called ‘lampuki’
- Have a pint of Cisk – Malta’s local beer.
- Enjoy the delicious ‘mqaret’ the Maltese traditional date filled pastries.
- Refresh yourself with a local soft drink Kinnie
- Try a packet of Twistees a local snack
- Savour ‘hobz biz-zejt’, maltese bread with tomato paste and tuna filling
Photos courtesy of Visit Malta.
The Kitchen Brigade at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta aims to excel at all times, making every dining experience a memorable one. If you would like to try a unique dining experience join us at one of our renowned restaurants at this superior five star hotel in Malta.
- Go to the fishing village of Marsaxlokk on Sunday and experience the fish market with the rowdy vendors selling fresh fish and other fresh produce
- Jog or walk along the Sliema promenade and watch the sunrise
- Visit the Ta’ Qali Crafts Village
- Visit and shop at Malta’s largest shopping mall, The Point at Tigne Point, Sliema
- Go to Ghar Lapsi, a cove and small fishing village
- Visit the Second World War Shelter located in Mgarr
- Visit the church of St. Nicholas in the village of Siggiewi
- People-watch whilst having a coffee at a Sliema cafè
- Check out the Mtarfa ex-British military buildings
- Visit the Mosta Church which is famous for having one of the largest domes in the world
- Play a round of golf at The Royal Malta Golf Club
- Discover an underwater world – dive in Maltese clear waters
- Go parakiting from one of our sandy beaches and get a bird’s eye view of Malta
- Wander around San Anton Gardens in Attard
- Hop on and off the Malta Sightseeing bus
- Get the ferry from Valletta Marsamxetto to Sliema Strand
- Go to Fort Rinella and see one of the world’s largest canons
- Visit Corradino, Old Military Prison
- Experience Malta’s colourful history through a ‘new generation’ 5D cinema effect Hypogeum
- Go to the Ghar Dalam, a prehistoric cave
- Walk around the exhibits at the St John’s Cavalier Centre for Creativity
- Charter a yacht and sail around the islands
- Go to Comino by the traditional Maltese boat Luzzu
- Visit the Hagar Qim Temples
- Visit the Kordin 111 Neolithic Temples
- See the Fat Lady at the Tarxien Temples
- Visit Popeye’s Village
- Hike around the Victoria lines
Whilst staying at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta visit our concierge desk and our team will assist you in planning your visits around Malta. And for a great memorable experience this luxury 5 star hotel in Malta offers a selection of self guided tours around Malta. Be sure to check our chauffeur driven service during your stay.
Photos courtesy of www.viewingmalta.com