What comes to mind when you think of Malta during summer? Feast, food, fun, sun, holidays, relaxing, fireworks…. Oh the list is endless!
It is widely known that during the summer months there is a feast almost every week. But one of the biggest feasts in Malta is that of Santa Maria which is celebrated on the 15th August. Several towns and villages around Malta celebrate Santa Maria, namely Mosta, Attard, Mqabba, Qrendi, Gudja, Ghaxaq and Victoria Gozo. Besides it is also a religious and public holiday in Malta so even the Maltese are out to celebrate.
And if you happen to be in Malta enjoying a short break during the Santa Maria Weekend you can surely enjoy one of the Santa Marija feasts somewhere around the island. Be part of the festa fever; join the locals celebrating in the town or village square, enjoy the amazing fireworks displays, savour some of the traditional festa food, and witness children squeal with joy throwing confetti to one another as they follow the band marching after the local statue.
So if you would like to enjoy a Malta Summer Festa the Grand Hotel Excelsior is offering a Special Package for the Santa Maria Weekend which includes:
• Accommodation in a Deluxe Partial Sea View Room
• A 20% OFF the Bed and Breakfast Rate
• Welcome drink upon arrival
• Daily Buffet Breakfast
• Daily Dinner at the Tiki Terrace per person (food only)
• Two way transfer from the hotel to Mdina and back on the 14th August (evening) to enjoy the fireworks displays
• Two way transfer from the hotel to Mosta and back on the 15th August (evening) to enjoy the Mosta Santa Maria Feast celebrations
• Use of indoor and outdoor pool and fitness centre
• Complimentary pressing service during your stay.
Terms & Conditions Apply.
Should you wish to experience a typical Maltese Feast during your holidays in Malta contact the Concierge Desk at the Grand Hotel Excelsior and they will organise the excursion for you. And if you would like to enjoy a special summer break, stay at one of the superior Malta Hotels and enjoy a selection of superior Accommodation in Malta.