Easter is the most important feast in the calendar of the Roman Catholic Church. Maltese look forward to Easter with great enthusiasm as it brings various traditions back to life. On Maundy Thursday it’s a custom that Maltese visit churches and Last Supper displays. Good Friday is a Holy Day for Catholics, where Christians fast and make sacrifices. On Good Friday at 3pm, the time when Jesus died, a special mass is celebrated in churches around the island. After Mass, solemn processions are held in many towns showcasing life-size statues depicting scenes from the passion of Christ and adults and children wear costumes. Many tourists from all over the world visit our Maltese Island at this time of year to see our famous processions.
Easter Sunday is a day of rejoicing and celebration starting with a procession of the risen Christ to remind us that Jesus rose up from the death. At the end of these famous processions, men who are carrying the statue on their shoulders, usually run the steps leading to the Church as a reminder of Christ’s Resurrection. Children eat Easter eggs and “figolla”, an almond-based Maltese dessert traditionally prepared in time for Easter. This and more can be celebrated in Malta during your Easter Holidays.
Experience Luxury this Easter at the Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta!
For your Easter Holidays in Malta, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is inviting you to experience a Luxurious Room, 5 star Cuisine, and relax at our indoor pool. All this whilst enjoying the Easter Traditions of the Maltese people.
During the Easter Week below are Our Best Offers:
• Accommodation in a Luxurious Room of your choice on Room Only Basis or on Bed and Breakfast Basis (price varies according to room type chosen & number of nights)
• Welcome drink upon arrival
3 NIGHT OFFER:
4 NIGHT OFFER:
• Easter Sunday Buffet Lunch at 60.00 Euro per person including ½ bottle of wine, ½ bottle of water and coffee per adult. Children between 7 to 11 years old pay 25.00 Euro per child including one soft drink, whilst children up to 6 years old eat free. The price is inclusive of VAT and live entertainment.
• Buffet Dinner Supplement at 30.00 Euro per person per day.
• Indulge in a Relaxing Malta Spa Package starting from 40 Euro per person for the ‘Neat Hands & Feet’. View Our Malta Easter Spa Packages.
• Feel free to Book Our Exclusive Chauffeur Driven Service from the Malta International Airport to the Grand Hotel Excelsior at 20 Euro one way (maximum of three persons). Kindly contact us on email@example.com to book your transfer.
For more information kindly contact Our Reservations Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 00356 21250520.
Find out information on Things to do in Malta during your Easter Holidays or What’s on in and around Valletta.